About the project
The rapid changes and emerging complex problems of the real world such as environmental economic crises, poverty, human rights, discrimination, and migration flourished in the last decades as a challenging problem for human beings who have to face with. These complex problems are derived from human interactions; so, the solutions of such problems would be provided by human initiatives especially who are able to think skilfully. It is not enough for learners just thinking skilfully but also, they should effectively collaborate and communicate on the issues, and find creative solutions for problems.
The aim of the project is twofold. While strengthening the profiles and developing skills of the teaching professions in the field we will develop our children’s 4C skills to make them active democratic citizens of the EU.
Besides the aims implied above, our project will contribute to students’ and teachers’ competencies below:
- developing the capacity to use various writing forms
- improving in written expression of thought by utilizing various techniques (such as peer review, multiple drafts or revisions of assignments after receiving feedback)
- clearly state questions, concerns, and ideas -to be able to contribute without overpowering others.
- give a clear, organized and accurate oral presentation of course material -improving thinking with skillful analysis evaluation assessment reconstruction
- building a strong, evidence-based argument -critically evaluate arguments in terms of the strength of evidence and reasoning
WORK PROCESS AND EXPECTED RESULTS
we will integrate thinking skills into school subjects and design activities in real life context throughout the media literacy courses, orienteering, thinker puppets, drama, activities via formal and nonformal education during the project and beyond. Media literacy is a way to fight against radicalization and respect and promotion of fundamental rights, and intrinsic to a healthy democracy. Students interacted with the media every day, but almost all media are exposed to information pollution, so they should gain a critical understanding and questioning the reliability of the information. Drama is one of the most impressive ways of developing students self-confidence, collaboration, creativity and communication skills.
Thinking based learning handbook will be created for teachers use.